Confined Space – Fall Protection Equipment
Confined Space: Is large enough for an employee to enter fully and perform assigned work, is not designed for continuous occupancy by the employee and has a limited or restricted means of entry or exit. These spaces may include underground vaults, tanks, storage bins, pits and diked areas, vessels, silos and other similar areas.
Permit-Required Confined Space: has one or more of the following: Contains or has the potential to contain a hazardous atmosphere, Contains a material with the potential to engulf someone who enters the space, and/or has an internal configuration that might cause an entrant to be trapped or asphyxiated by inwardly converging walls or by floors that slopes downward and tapers to a smaller cross section; and/or contains any other recognized serious safety or health hazard.
Fall Protection: is necessary if you can fall more than 6 feet, you must be protected. Use Fall Protection On: Walkways & ramps, open sides & edges, holes, concrete forms & rebar, excavations, roofs, wall openings, bricklaying, residential construction. Protective measures include guardrails, covers, safety nets, and Personal Fall Arrest Systems.
Please call 1-800-822-2105 to schedule.
MSA Confined Space Systems
MSA confined space entry/retrieval systems are designed for fall arrest, lifting and lowering, rescue, and work positioning applications. They incorporate an anchorage connector, fall arrest component (Dyna-Lock, Dynevac II, Lynx Rescuer), a personnel and materials handling hoist (Lynx Hoist), and associated hardware to rig the system for use. The systems can be used for leading edge work, maintenance and entry/retrieval from manholes, tank cars, silos, tanks, vaults, pits, vats and other confined space applications.
Lynx Rescuer, Field Resettable Model with Lockout
- Self-Retracting Lanyard with emergency retrieval capabilities
- User is able to reset device from retrieval mode to fall arrest mode
- The easiest, quickest field-reset mechanism on the market
- Same unit can be used in the field and for training situations
- Lock feature with key allows more control over who can reset unit to fall arrest mode
- Confined space entry provides fall arrest and emergency lifting and lowering
- Meets ANSI Z359.1-1992 (R1999) and all applicable OSHA standards and is CSA certified
Lynx Personnel/Material Hoist
- Designed for lifting, lowering and positioning of personnel and materials
- Maximum work load of 310 lbs. for personnel and 620 lbs for materials
- Anti-backlash crank handle with a lifting/lowering speed of 25-ft per minute
- Integral shock absorber
- Load-limiting clutch prevents overloading of hoist
- Emergency drive allows manual bypass of load-limiting clutch for extra lifting capacity in an emergency
- Primary gear backed up by two independent secondary brakes
- Air drive adapter enables powered lifting/lowering with optional air-powered drive assembly
- Meets ANSI Z359.1-1992 (R1999) and all applicable OSHA standards
- Automatic hinge lock legs
- Constructed of three anodized aluminum legs and a zinc-plated carbon steel head
- Legs feature 1-1/4 in incremental adjustment with positive locking pins
- Skid resistant feet with self-sharpening spikes
Confined Space Entry Kits
Confined Space Entry Kits make it easy for you to order the Confined Space System which best suits your needs.
The Confined Space Entry Kits feature:
- 3 Tripod Kits and 2 folding Davit kits
- Single part number for simplified ordering
- Confined Space Kits with Lynx Rescuer allow for non-entry rescue of a confined space entrant
- Tripod and Davit Kits allow for great portability
- Training video and Tripod Carrying Strap included within each kit
Please call to order : 800-822-2105
Capital Safety Confined Space
In confined space entry and confined space rescue situations, your safety equipment must operate quickly and flawlessly. That’s why Capital Safety developed an extensive line of high quality, rugged rescue and retrieval systems that meet a variety of confined space safety needs, plus offers customized solutions.
Our confined space safety systems have delivered decades of trusted service and meet applicable industry standards, so it’s no surprise that our confined space equipment is the first choice of safety engineers and site directors.
Confined spaces vary in size, shape and location and there isn’t a standard or typical application. A confined space safety system can usually be divided into either a “vertical” entry type system or “horizontal” type.
If entering confined spaces such as a manhole on a street vertical confined space rescue equipment is needed. Some confined spaces require entry from the side such as a tank, and for these you’ll need a side-entry or horizontal type confined space safety equipment.
Please call to order : 800-822-2105
MSA Fall Protection
MSA has several kits available and with so many options for fall protection available, MSA has the right kit for your application.
An example of an MSA kit:
- Gravity harness, Vest-style Standard Size, with Qwik-Fit leg straps, and back D-ring with integral Sure-Stop shock-absorber with D-ring
- 25′-5/8″ Polysteel/Polyester rope with LS snaphook
- Rope grab fall arrester with 9/16″ 914mm) gate, steel auto locking carabiner
- Temporary Roof Anchor
- Woodscrews, #12×2.5″ Philips Flathead, zinc
- Roofer’s kit tote bag
General Fall Arrest Requirements:
OSHA 29 CFR 1926.502 requires (but is not limited to):
- Body belts are not acceptable as part of a personal fall arrest system
- Only locking type snaphooks shall be used
- Anchorages used for attachment of personal fall arrest systems must be capable of supporting at lease 5,000 lbs per employee attached
- Personal Fall Arrest systems shall be rigged such that an employee can neither free fall more than 6′ nor contact any lower level
What is ANSI?
ANSI (American National Standards Institute) is a voluntary standardization system and does not possess the ability to enforce its standards. ANSI facilitates development of national standards by establishing consensus among manufacturers and consumers. Many of OSHA’s regulations are adopted from ANSI standards.
ANSI Z359.1 requires (but is not limited to):
- Snaphooks and carabiners shall be self-closing and self-locking
- Equipment shall be inspected by the user before each use and, additionally, by a competent person other than the user at intervals of no more than 1 year
- Prior to selecting a personal fall arrest system, the user shall make an assessment of workspace conditions where the equipment is required.
Please call to order: 800-822-2105
Capital Safety Fall Protection
When you’re out on the wood or steel roof of a residential or commercial structure, or a building construction site or performing industrial plant maintenance, your fall protection systems need specialized components to keep you safe.